We currently have an application written in Visual Basic 6 that enumerates windows and captures text. The text is a patient number that is used to launch a document archiving application and bring up other patient records.
We now wish to expand the application to capture the patient number from any window. This includes windows with label controls that do not have a windows handle. We know this can be done because the Snagit application picks up all text from any window with any control including the label control.
We need a Visual Basic 6 module written to pick out text based on the windows caption and position within the window. It should be able to capture the text regardless of the type of window or control just like the Snagit application.
*** The screenshot above is a third party application written in VB. Spy++ shows the frame as a visual basic component but does not return any information about the text within the frame. A test can be ran by creating a vb project with labels in a frame similar the above screenshot.
*** A message posted states that Snagit cannot capture text from a VB Label. This is true, but if you setup the test as I have described above you will notice that Snagit captures the text of the label within a VB Frame.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Visual Basic Source code (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
4) Written in Visual Basic 6.0.
5) Code written using good Visual Basic programming practices.
Window 2000 Pro, Windows XP Pro
Visual Basic 6.0 SP5