I need a coder to review a VB6 program that has been in development for the past month. Our deadline to place the program in a production environment is Monday October 27, 15:00 GMT.
The code still has various bugs, and may have a small problem writing to a database table, preventing some forms from functioning properly. Bugs listed in the attached .zip ARE NOT NECESSARILY all the bugs. We need someone who will be available tomorrow & Sunday to fix bugs we find in final testing TONIGHT.
The project has 20 main forms. Most (17) are complete and trouble free, however the goal is to provide a complete working (as much as is possible) product by the deadline.
Our coder has run into some serious personal issues, and cannot devote the final few days to this project - will you help?
This bid requires a coder who:
1) Will COMPLETELY, THOROUGHLY, and EXHAUSTIVELY comment any code added, changed or removed anywhere in the program for any reason. In addition the coder is REQUIRED to send an email explaining the change, the reasons for the change, and any other effects the programmer forsees the change may have. This is to ensure the current coder can understand and incorporate such changes when he can return to duty, and the supervising staff (who have to install this product and remain with the customer during initial production) know where the code stands.
2) Will remain in constant communication with the project manager as to status of the requests. This includes e-mail, Instant Messaging, and returning status and bug tracking spreadsheets. This is to ensure a record of where we stand on issues, so we can be prepared to go live with a buggy product - and have workarounds (or at least knowledge of) known issues.
3) Is completely comfortable with VB6, SQL (on MSDE) and English. A native English speaker is not required, but due to time and pressure constraints, we need clear and unambiguous communication throughout.
4) The deadline MUST be met. If unable for any reason to meet deadline, do not bid. Failure to meet deadline (for a good reason, but failure nonetheless) is the REASON for this bid!
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
3) All comments, spreadsheets, descriputions, and discussions of changes and reasons for changes to be delivered before or concurrently with the program. If the project manager cannot understand what was done, and why - then it is worse than no work done at all.
Visual Basic 6
4 - node peer-to-peer network