**This job consist of rewriting in Visual Basic the program that we previously had in
MSAcess. The program is group of simgle forms that need to be placed all on a single VB Tabbed Form. All the tables that are needed are supplied with the program and we would want the program that you return to look much like the existing one but use a VSFlexgrid instead of the subform. We hope you have your own copy of VSFlexGrid Ver 7.0 - we have a license for our VSFlexGrid copy but you would need your own copy when creating the program.**
**You have enough data with the program to test that it can do each of the task that it is suppose to do. You will only have one form in this program when you are done that cointains all the MS access forms from the old program. We made a mock up of the new prgram in VB already which is with the zip file. Most of the code can be easily ported over from MS Access to VB without much effort but we do want you to maintain the names of functions and code breakup ??" unless you first talk to us about a different idea. We want you to use ADO type connections and stay away from direct calls to the database. Use the supplied [url removed, login to view] to give the program information of where the data is found. DO Not hard code data access into the program but use variables to hold the path and database.**
**This is a very small part of a system we are trying to convert from Access to VB. See attached mdb's and ini file
Set up these mdb's and ini file in a directory called
And everything should then work
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
1. The VB6 code needs to be easily ported to .net code with minimal amount of changes.
2. The code needs to be clearly commented.
3. Please do not use keyword/functions that will not port to vb.net
4. Please do not use gosub…return - make a procedure or function to replace gosubs
5. We are always looking for innovations in design and program flow.
6. Do add Error coding/logging make the messages mean something.
7. Do use tab indention for ease of reading code
8. Ask questions. We like to know if you are having a problem. Let us help you solve it quick.
9. We expect a finished product that can work and be used by a user. We will modify but we do not want to rewrite your work.
10. Handle repetition in the code with some type of routine (only write it once) unless there is some good reason not to.
11. Name buttons and controls so we have an idea of what they are used for when looking at them. Do not call a textbox simply a textbox1.
12. Name variables that you make so we know what they are used for.