We seek the development of a native .NET component/class (Win Forms, no web) that allows a developer to design a data entry form at design time (within Visual Studio IDE) that can then be customized by the end-user at run time.
Basic functionality needs to include the following:
1. Allow design time layout of the data entry form within Visual Studio. Data entry form will consist of "fields" (text box with an associated label), "checkboxes", and "Labels" (label with no associated text box). Data entry elements will be added to the component's workspace via some type of property that is basically a collection of the above mentioned elements.
2. Allow design time modification of the size, position, tab order, and other basic attributes of the individual data entry elements.
3. Provide for the ability to persist the state of the data entry form by saving the layout to an XML or other type of configuration file.
4. Provide some method of enumerating the elements contained within the data entry form to retrieve current value, positions, size, etc...
5. Allow run-time customization of the data entry form by allowing the end user to drag elements around the data entry form, size elements, control tab order, hide unwanted elements, add new elements, etc..
6. Provide a method of saving run-time customizations via similar or same method as #3. Provide an ability to "reset" to the original "design-time" layout.
7. Provide a method of preventing run-time customization via a "locked" property.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
Component must be developed with Visual Basic .NET and must be 100% native .NET (*NO ACTIVEX or COM+*). Component must function properly on all support .NET OS platforms incuding WIN98/WINNT/W2K/WINXP. Component can inherit/extend BASE .NET components, tools, or classes to provide function BUT you may NOT use any 3rd party components or tools that aren't part of the core .NET framework.