I represent a small company in the retail industry. They require a general-purpose tool to integrate proprietary applications at the database level.
The tool will be used to batch-transfer modest quantities of data between two ODBC-compliant databases. Please see the attache file for an overview of the features required.
The project is being managed by experienced (ex "big five") architects and project managers. A formal specification will be written before work commences, taking account of questions and suggestions made by the bidder. The spec will also contain a full test scenario which will be used to define that the work is complete.
**Bidders are expected to enter into discussion regarding the details of the solution. Following these discussions, a shortlist of bidders will receive a detailed specification (incorporating suggestions and comments made) and be invited to submit a formal bid.
Unless you are confident about your pricing, we recommend that you initially indicate your interest in this project in the form of a comment.
To be considered for the shortlist, you **must** provide the following. Please don't bother to place bids other than as described below (if you can't read the instructions about how to bid, we will assume that you can't read a spec either).
* Details of relevant experience you have gained on other projects, with RAC ratings if appropriate
* An approximate, non-binding estimate of cost, which may be expressed as a range of possibilities at this stage
* Details of your suggested approach, and in particular the development environment you will be using and how much of the code you intend to use is already developed and tested
* Details of further information you require to be able to formally bid.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form
2) Complete source code of all work done, including any libraries, project files, documentation and similar required to build the executable on a freshly installed copy of VB 6
3) Installation package that will install the executable (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request. (Note - an installation which only involves unzipping an exe, and not registering or installing components, is preferred).
4) Exclusive copyright and distribution rights to all code developed specifically for this project, and non-exclusive distribution rights to all library and similar code.
5) Evidence of successful completion of the test suite, as will be described in the formal spec, which will involve one import/export in each direction between two databases we will provide. The test suite will be supplied prior to commencement of work.
There are potentially two executables here. The point-and-click interface which constructs the mapping must run under Windows 2000/XP.
The executable which runs the import/export process must run under Windows 98/ME, 2000, XP.
The test suite will involve migration in both directions between a MyODBC interface to a MySQL database on XP and an Access database on ME.
As well as triggering the data export/import functions from the windows command line (which will include specifying additional data) and the GUI, we require an interface to the import/export routines that we can call from our existing VB 6 development environment. We assume that an OCX or similar will be involved here. A programmatic interface to the executable which builds the map is not required.
We require source code in the form of a VB6 project.