I need a VB program to scan in a document (not using OCR) and then be able to 'map' database fields to that document, and save the 'map'.
For example, scan in an application and it displays in an object (maybe a picture box) on the right side of the screen. The database fields will be listed on the left side of the screen (maybe in directory format). Then someone can click and drag a field to the form. When released, the field will remain on the form and the user should be able to change the fonts on that particular field. When the mapping is done, save the mapped document to be printed later.
I have the Visual Basic 6.0 form created that includes the application colors and possible buttons you could use. This would be a starting place for the coder. I will also supply a sample Access DB to use.
The program should be able to do the following:
1. Connect to an Access DB. Browse window so user can select DB to connect to. Only have to do this once, then connect automatically every time after that; unless the user selects a different DB.
2. Accept an image file (scanned document, or open an existing document in the system) in an object, like a picture box. Save the scanned document as BMP, TIF, GIF, etc, whichever is best for programming and space.
3. Be able to straighten a document or add annotations.
4. Click and drag fields from a listing of database fields to the document.
5. Be able to change font, font size, etc on a given field.
6. A field in the database may have data, but the form field is check boxes. Should be able to have some simple decision on the mapped field. For example, the field for Gender may have M or F in the database, but the form has _ Male _ Female
7. Save the mapped form in an Access DB.
The printing function will not take place during the mapping, it will actually take place in another part of the application. The actual print will allow the user to select a group of records to print for a given document. But I would like a sample print that uses the mapped document to use as a guide. When the document prints, also save the printed document on the system in a BMP, TIF, GIF, etc format, whichever is best on space.
If all goes well, I have a couple of small projects and a large project, as well.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased.
4) Documentation must be included.