I need some VB6 code that does the following:
1. Lets you select a ile
2. Shells another application
3. After that application has started, 'drops' the ile onto that application in the same way that would happen if a user dragged a wav file from the desktop onto the other app (the other app will then open it).
4. Waits until the application has been closed, then displays a 'finished' message.
As an example a user selects a text file in our app, which then shells textedit, once textedit has loaded, our app would drop the file onto it so textedit opened it. When the user closed textedit, our app would say 'finished'.
We cannot simply call the file as a parameter during the shell, it must be a 'drop' as in a drag/drop operation.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).