This is an excel-based VBA project for Excel 2003. The purpose is to automate the data entry and validation of personal financial information into a series of worksheets in an existing Excel template spreadsheet. Once the data has been collected a series of graphs should be updated so a final report can be produced from Excel.
The data to be collected includes a page of basic demographic data (name, address, age, spouse, ...) and then several worksheets for financial data (stock holdings, insurance policies, mutual funds, retirements plans, etc. - each on a separate worksheet with their own fields & requirements).
The process is not very complicated but does require someone with good attention to detail. It is tedius information to capture and must be captured accurately. The VBA application should lauch a "wizard-type" interface that will walk the user through the entry of this information. So, they launch the process to start, enter their demographic data and are then prompted for what types of investments they have (stocks, bonds, mutual funds, ...). Once they pick a type, they should be taken to a screen to enter that type of information. Once they go through all the types, they are finished.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Friday Jul 18, 2008 11:13:36 AM:
Thank you for your interest in this project. I have uploaded a sample spreadsheet with a supporting document attempting to address most of your questions. Please download this file and read through it to be sure the requirements are clear. In addition, I will be available in the chat room for this Bid on Wednesday 7/23 at 11am EST to address any further questions you may have. We are planning on making a decision and awarding the project on Friday, Aug 1. Thanks again for your interest.
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Monday Aug 11, 2008 8:34:07 AM:
Due to the number of bids received being higher than expected and an unplanned business trip, I have extended this bid until 8/15. We are reviewing bids this week and hope to contact potential winners within the next day or two. Thank you for your patience.
Window XP, Vista