This is an easy one, I need the following for an Excel spreadsheet VB macro that is able to :
1) Create a connection using ODBC to database
2) Create a connection using ADO to database
3) Execute any SELECT query against any table in the DB that can return multiple records
4) Parse through the result set and place the query values in the spreadsheet, one record per row, and however many columns the query returns (your example and my acceptance test will return dissimilar results)
4) Execute an INSERT query against same table
5) Execute an UPDATE query against same table
Please use "replaceable parameters" as much as possible, e.g.:
user_name = "username"
password = "password"
select_sql = "SELECT * from BLAH"
So that the code will use these variable values, and I can easily change the connection info, the query, etc.
Any questions? Just shoot me a note.
1) Complete and fully-functional working Excel spreadsheet in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site before bid is awarded).
Windows, Excel 97 to 2000