A coder was adding some features to a program written in Visual Basic 6 for me. He disappeared so no longer able to finish it.
The program is a data transfer/transformation utility. It has a drag and drop interface that allows you to pick a Source data and then a target data. You can then choose options to take place during the transfer such as changing date formats, trim leading and trailing spaces, change text case type etc. Right now it supports the following formats: Text, Access, Excel, MS SQL and ODBC. ADO is used. You can transfer To and From any of these formats as well as create new files if needed. Once you set up the transfer the way you want, you can also save the profile for later use. You can also run batch transfers of more than one profile.
You will need to fix some bugs and add several features and also add native support for the following formats: MySQL, XML and HTML.
Please provide the following:
1. Your experience in working with the current supported formats ( Text, Access, Excel, MS SQL and ODBC ) as well as the new requested formats ( MySQL, XML and HTML ).
2. Your VB 6 and ADO experience.
3. For how long after the project is complete will you fix any bugs found.
4. Can you supply daily email status reports and send source code to me at least twice a week.
I will provide a detailed spec of what is needed to a shortlist of coders.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Help file for the program.
4) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
Must run under Win 98, NT, ME, 2000 and XP.