FTP downloader and update tool.
_Its main functions are:_
- download tree, directory and file information from remote FTP servers and store that information in an Access database,
- check remote trees for updates (directory changes, file size and last update changes) by comparing the remote server tree with the information stored in the database,
- update the database and log the changes,
- download files according to the database information from the remote tree to the local disk,
- upload files according to the database information from the local disk to the remote server.
This tool is to be written in VB.NET. A native .NET FTP library such as Exceed FTP Tool can be used. Any other library used must be native .NET and royalty free. Please contact us on this matter.
We would like the directories to be internally represented as .NET Datasets in order to facilitate the use of other database providers.
- Rollback Function: The FTP information download operation must be buffered (stored in the dataset) until the entire tree information has been received. Only then is the information written to the database.
- Resume Function: FTP file download and upload operations must be able to be resumed if an error occurs without starting over.
A simple GUI must be provided with a single form that includes: ip address and path input text boxes, buttons to test main functions, a progress bar for each function and a progress box showing the currently processed file.
Please refer to attached requirements file.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program in executable form (.exe) as well as complete source code of all work done (VB.NET Project Files).
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on Windows XP.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).