Attorney trust account. An attorney trust account is a ledger that keeps track of the money of many clients, which means each client has his/her own card (screen). All of this individual data is then reported into the General Ledger, just like any other bookkeeping system (deposit, withdrawal, what for, when). Each client account allows graphical add/delete/edit for deposit, withdrawal, description, and date. General Ledger does not allow write, only read (it reports what has happened in the client accounts as a whole).
General Ledger comprised of acounts for the many clients, Client A, Client B, Client C, etc. General ledger displays all data from all client accounts and reconciles entries with bank statement. Also:
1. Ability to print Deluxe checks on Inkjet or Laser
2. Clients: Add/delete/edit clients. Should include basic info such as address and phones and email and type of case.
3. Type of case: screen that allows user to enter new case types. Should already have in DB criminal, divorce, bankruptcy, personal injury, business types for case types.
4. Search: by name, date, amount, case type, time span, Boolean (<, >, <>, =, AND, OR, NOT).
5. All data entry validated to prevent double-entry.
6. Running balances all accounts, including General Ledger.
7. Access DB.
8. Multiuser to 5 simultaneous users.
9. Group-based permissions with functions, ie. admin group and users group to allow/prevent certain functions within program (admin have full rights, users have ability to schedule themselves, see own schedule, etc.)
10. VB 6, latest service pack, no third-party tools.
11. MDI is OK, but prefer SDI that hides/displays different items on one form. Main form about size of a CD.
11. Generate report to client on each month's activities on his case. Report can be created in RTF format with ability to embed graphic by user for his law firm logo/scale of justice, etc.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done. 2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request. 3) Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased.
Windows 2000/XP environment for workstations, NT4 or 2000/2003 server.