WE have an existing system, which tracks our customers/sales. Is is written in visula basic 6, and talks to a mysql database. We have basic GIS functionality build in, and now we want to upgrade this to mapinfo, using the mapx api.
The functions i need are.
1. When a new customer is added, i need to locate that customer on the map, so i need to have the map displayed, the user select the point on the map, and this point is returned to my code, and then i can write this location(map co-ordinates) to my database.
2. I need to relocate a customer's location.
3. I need to be able to select any area on the map, using a mouse, and the co-ordinates of each customer in that area is returned to my code ( maybe in an array)
4. I need to be able to take a number of customers , and just display these customers on the map, for example, i may have funa query with sales > 4000 in my software, i want to take all these co-ordinates from my database, and display just these on the map.
5. i need to be able to zoom in and zoom out of the map, using either the wheel on a mouse, or a right click event. I also need to be able to pan the map.
6. When a customer is double clicked on the map, i need these co-ordinates returned, so i can display this customer record.
i'd like to see (if possible ) demo's of your work with mapx/mapinfo. For the delivery of this project, i'd like to see a demo, possibly working for up to 10 locations on a map . I will now require an installation, just ocx's and the source for them...
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done. 2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request. 3) Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased.
windows 98/ 2000 /xp