"Head-to-Head Wrestling" (H2H) is a text-based wrestling promotion simulator written in Visual Basic. The current team of coders and researchers have been working on the project for around two years on a part-time basis, but have now reached the stage where lack of time and motivation has meant that progress has ground to a halt. We are now looking to hire a coder to finish the project for us. It is currently around 75% complete.
While it is preferable for the successful bidder to have a basic knowledge of the wrestling business and its workings, it is not entirely necessary as a detailed design brief will be provided.
We are not in any great rush for the project to be completed, although if the successful coder wishes to do the work within a week he/she is more than welcome. Nevertheless, we do expect the project to be completed by the end of March 2004.
- Completion of the simulation's "match engine" as detailed in the design brief we provide.
- Completion of the simulation's "storylines engine" as detailed in the design brief we provide.
- Completion of the simulation's AI, i.e. how the computer-controlled promotions act and make decisions, as detailed in the design brief we provide.
The Match Engine:
This will involve the creation of a single full-screen form with labels to indicate details of what is currently going on during an event, be it a match, interview or other segment. Code-wise, this will simply involve managing a set of pre-defined variables, displaying some as text in the .caption property of the aforementioned labels, and using others to calculate the overall rating of the match/interview/segment, which in turn will be used to calculate the event rating.
The Storyline Engine:
This will again involve the creation of a single full-screen form which will include eight "slots" on it in the form of labels to represent the storylines or slots available for new storylines in the player's promotion at any given time. Clicking a slot that is in use will show the details of the relevant storyline on another smaller form, whilst clicking an empty slot will allow the player to customise a new storyline in a step-by-step format, again using a smaller, or series of smaller, form(s). Code-wise, this will simply involve populating a series of combo boxes and/or labels with the relevant information detailed in our design brief. It will also involve the creation and implementation of a few small calculations.
This will involve the creation and implementation of calculations (as detailed in our detailed design brief) to determine the behaviour and decisions made by computer-controlled promotions, such as the hiring/firing of workers/staff, negotiation of TV deals and sponsorship etc.
* A detailed design brief will be provided to the successful bidder. Note that it is highly unlikely that a proficient Visual Basic programmer will find this project to be hard work.
- A complete and fully-functional working program in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
- Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
- Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
Windows 98, ME, NT, XP.