This simple HTML HELP project is a first attempt at outsourcing. I have plenty more projects in the pipeline for the right coders.
*Please do not respond unless you are already an experienced MS-HTML Help system builder*. I want this fairly quickly and I want to avoid bugs.
Convert a working html user guide document into a formal MS-Html Help system *tutorial* project that has contents, index and search - the standard MS-HTML Help stuff. _I will use your project source as a tutorial package that must show me easily by its layout and comments, how to construct an HTML Help project.
I will supply the working html files for the demo project. They are User Guide chapters consisting of 22 separate html topic files and a root index file (Tn2003 [url removed, login to view]) that currently allows topics to be invoked from hyperlinks and viewed in the IE browser (it all works). Most topic files have graphic images embedded in the text, either small *.png files or 16 x 16 .bmp icon images. I think there's about 80 images of one or other type.
Edited with Frontpage - basic html and some embedded images. There's no fancy navigation that has to be removed, just simple top and back links.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
4) Deliverables will use my 22 Help topics in a simple VB6 demo window, invoking the Help system from a regular Help menu - that's all. You should include examples of navigation links in the Help topics e.g.
* Previous - Top - Next, as well as using the Back Forward buttons of the Help system toolbar.
* Show use of F1 to access a topic used for context sensitive Help
5) The Help project source code must be sufficiently commented that I can easily see how to extend it myself into a more detailed Help offering. Pls include a dummy sub-topic file that will appear at a further indentation level from the parent topic.
6) I need to know where to find the MS Help compiler, what version plus dependencies (if any).
W98, ME, Win2000, Win XP, and (if relevant) IE and Netscape.