I have a simple Ascii file which has about 2000 contacts to be imported to Outlook. I know this is simple to use the wizard but I need to automate it for my client. Therefore, I need a simple script which will:
1. open the text file
2. read the columns in the text file.
3. do some business such as identify categories and create categories in outlook if categories are not created.
4. Check if entry exists already.
5. if entry does not exist then add it to outlook.
6. I would like a log file output to list each entry added and what category it ended up being and message such as added, already exists.
The script has to run totally un-attended. can be VBS or WSH.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Microsoft Windows XP Professional + Outlook 2003