I need a small, single-form VB6 program which allows the user to:
1. Enter one IP address in a textbox. Default is 192.168.11.11.
2. Enter number of seconds to wait between pings in a textbox (Delay). Default is 5 seconds.
3. Click “Start Latentcy Test?? button. The program would then
3a. Create a new text file in the application’s folder. The format of the filename is like this:
[url removed, login to view]
Where: 192_168_11_11 is the IP address, 2007-05-08 is the date in yyyy-mm-dd format, and 14-22-38 is the time in 24-hour hh:nn:ss format.
3b. Ping the IP address every Delay seconds and write the following for each ping in the text file:
Date / Time of the ping, Response time in milliseconds
Example: 2007-05-08 14:22:38, 42
Where 2007-05-080 is the date in yyyy-mm-dd format, 14:22:38 is the time in hh:nn:ss format, and 42 is the number of milliseconds in the Ping Response.
There should be a comma between the Date / Time value and the Milliseconds count.
There should be a carriage return and Line Feed at the end of each line.
4. Show a progress indication by writing the last output line to a label on the form, that would look like this:
Last Ping: 2007-05-08 14:22:38, 42
5. There should be a "Stop Test" button that stops the pinging and closes the file.
Let me know about any ActiveX component(s) that you want to use.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
VB6 running under XP.