I am a project in [url removed, login to view] 2.0 that has been working on XP and 2003 but experience problems on later systems. The project records mousemoves and keystrokes and can play them back upon request.
Problems seems to be related both to security settings and bitsize of the platform (x86 or x64). So you need to have some experience with UAC, security, hooks and recording of keystrokes.
**I need help with the following**
1. Make it work in Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 2008, both x86 and x64
2. Test it in the systems below
3. Let me know how the current manifest file (that is created when building) is really needed or not?
4. Give me a detailed list of what changes you have made in the code, why and where
5. Make code work with normal UAC on
6. Fix the 23 warnings in the code
I have done some tests below with results of the problems.
* Windows XP x86 - works
* Windows 2003 x86 - works
* Windows 2008 x64 - nothing happens (no mousemovement) when playing back macro
* Windows 2008 x86 - I get an error when starting the application. Probably permission errors? (error is in Swedish and I don't have any good translation) Does not help if I run as administrator. Running XP SP2 compatability mode does not work.
* Windows 7 x64 - playback seems to hang mouse and objects - does not work fully. I recorded a click on Start button and now Start button does not work (until restart of [url removed, login to view])
* Windows 7 x86 - works in lowest UAC settings but it seems like handlers are not removed correctly because if I close the application and then try to open it again it does not show up. I get same errors as in Windows 2008 x86 when UAC is on third (normal level)
* Windows Vista - probably the same as in Windows 7 but needs to be tested
A good test is to record a macro that open the start menu, clicks on an application to open it - and then close it.
I am attaching the latest build. I will upload the source to the winning bid.
No warnings or errors