I need a class written to help manage SQL Server 2005 Express databases.
This class needs to be able to:
1. Take a SQL Server 2005 Express database offline
2. Copy the SQL Server Database into a new database
3. Bring the original database back online again.
4. Delete a SQL Server database
5. Move a SQL Server database ( detach/attach)
6. Backup the Database into a standard .bak file.
7. Create a new database ( blank ).
8. Copy tables from one existing database to another database.
Must be written in VB.NET using VS 2005.
Note: Must include a sample winform application proving that the following works:
1. Backup Database
2. Copy Database
3. Create Database
I will not accept that the code works just because you have run it successfully in Object Test Bench. I am reposting this bid request because the last coder could not make his class work in a simple winform project.
Note: My environment is simple: Windows XP Pro, Admin rights, SQL Server Developer 2005, with full sa rights. Visual Studio 2005 Professional.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
VB.NET, .Net Framework 2.0, Visual Studio 2005.