Market Information Extract
* [url removed, login to view] desktop application
* Compatible with VS2008 Pro
* Connect to the internet and open the page [url removed, login to view]
* If the page is not accessible give the user a meaningful error message with error codes and other useful information.
* Once connected, the UI should show:
* Combobox replica of the <select> box of various exchanges; currently;<select name="ctl00$cph1$cboExchange" id="ctl00_cph1_cboExchange">
* A button to “Update Market Symbols??
* The attached Access DB represents the data store (to be provided upon request).
* All DB code must be abstracted sufficiently to allow easy alternate access to MSSQL, mySQL, and Access.
* On_Click_ Update_Market_Symbols:
* If the Value::Description pair for the market (from select box) does not exist, create it. Otherwise update it.
* Invoke the link to download the trading symbols as a CSV. This requires a free registered account to be logged on.
* For each entry in the tab-delimited download file add/update the Access DB accordingly with Market::Symbol::Description.
* Code must have error traps and reporting. No blue screens or similar failures.