Market Index Forecast Module for existing website.
A charting component for a .net website that allows users to submit predictions on the DOW, NASDAQ, SP500.
Basically made up of 2 pieces.
1. Charting and Data Processing Piece
-Obtain daily values of market indexes (NASDAQ, DOW, SP500) and chart them.
-Obtain User Predictions from DB, calculate top 5 closest user predictions for the given day.
-Produce 3 charts, one for each index, each showing the official index value, and the 5 closest predictions.
2. User data entry/points distribution
-Users can login (with existing login info already in DB), and then enter their predictions for the next day.
-Users start with 100 "points", they can bet a maximum of 10 points per day.
-Whoever was closest in predicting the index value for any of the three indexes in any given day gets all the points bet on that chart (winner takes all, one for each index chart).
-If you were not the closest, you lose your points.
-Users are allowed to go into "the negative" with points.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
.NET for IE 6/7 FF2/3