I need a member sign in (check-in) system that will be used at the front desk at 4 health clubs. The system should have a visual basic interface with a MS Access database.
**Note: to be considered you must provide sample of your existing work or demonstrate knowledge of designing this systrem.
The checkin system should track the following fields:
Status (active,cancelled, suspended)
[any other fields see necessarry by programmer]
The following are the requirements.
1. The checkin system should only allow members with an active status to checkin.
2. The checkin information will be stored locally on an MS Access database. [this is needed for a quick checkin process]
3. The local MS Access database (at each club) should replicate into a central database hourly to update the central server with all club history.
[the reason for this is to limit the number of inter-club visits to 4 and to have access to all club information at central location.]
4. The person will checkin by swiping a member card.
When the card is swipped, the system will automatically log the person in with the fields listed.
5. Since we would like to limit the number of inter-club visits.
We want the system to automatically alert the front desk person with a message on the screen when a member has more than 4 interclub visits.
6. We want configuration setting or file to change the replication interval (from hourly to perhaps daily, etc...). and to adjust the number of interclub visits.
Note: The checkin system will run on a front-desk computer. The front-desk computer will be used for the check-in system and a Point of Sale system. Please keep this mind. We want the checkins to go thru without any interuption to POS activities. The only time the person should be interupted is if the checkin-failed
I'm opening to all sugestions on how to approach this and will even consider a web interface. My only conscern is the swipe card and possible downtime if the internet connection is down.
**A bonus will be offered at the end of project.**
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).