Looking for a coder to debug/modify my current program. The program involves importing an excel spreadsheet with peoples' picks on them. The spreadsheet lists everyone who has entered the contest along with every game they have picked. Alongside the teams are a number that specifies how sure they are that the team they picked will win. Once you input the spreadsheet, it shows everyones' picks. Then you update the game by double clicking and choosing the winning team. The program calculates everyones' score and lists it at the bottom. One row from the bottom lists everyones' potential score (that is if you win the rest of the games that has yet to be updated). The program then crunches all the possibilities and eliminates anyone that cannot win. It keeps doing that each time you update a game. For more instructions on how the contest works, please visit my "rules" page at [url removed, login to view]
The program has been built. It just has a few bugs in the code that I would like fixed. I would need a new installer program along with the updated changes. Most if not all the changes I would like are minor.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done. 2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request. 3) Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased.
1) I would like it to be bigger so that you don't have to scroll down to see the last row (right now there are 20 rows and you have to scroll down to see the last row). This is to make it easier to view. Also, if it is possible to shrink the data so that you would not have to scroll horizontally to see everyone's picks, that would be great.
2) I would like the background color taken off the tiebreaker row (the Tiebreaker row is the first row that has all numbers).
3) For some reason, once you update all the games with winners, it has everyone marked out when there is clearly a winner. Also, would like it when someone is elimintated that it not only marks them in red but also strikes through their name.
4) Most important, I would like it to only shade the person out when they have been eliminated. What it does right now is shades them out after it thinks they can't win but if another game down the line gets updated and it helps enough it will unshade them letting me know they can still win. Once they are shaded as being eliminated, I want them to stay eliminated. The programmer before had that working but changed it when I asked for some other changes.
I have Windows XP Home edition but would like to install it on other computers that are Windows 95 & 98.