We have an add-in that runs as an in process server within Microsoft Outlook that searches the subject line of incoming emails. If the subject line matches a pre-defined term, the information inside the email is parsed out and written to a file. It works fine under Outlook 2002/XP, but crashes under Outlook 2000 and earlier. We need this bug fixed.
We also need this converted to an executable and extend the functionality so that it can accomplish the same tasks but be launched as part of a rule in Outlook.
We also want to extend the add-in to include the ability to add Items to the Outlook tasks. So it would read an email that met a predefined value in the subject line, pull the information out and use the extracted information (description, date due, priority, etc) as data for the insert into Outlook. This ideally will be part of the add-in above and should be able to run as a in process server as well as a stand alone executable.
Visual Basic source code of the current add-in will be provided to the bid winner. Completed project must be in Visual Basic as well - no exceptions.
2) Code must be commented according to the following rules:
a) All comments in English
b) At the start of any Forms, Functions, or Modules a comment must appear at the start of the code detailing high level functionality, parameters passed into or out of the module, and a description of any variables used.
3) No global variables are allowed.
4) Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased.
4) Any third party tools, libraries, OCX's, or other included files that require a runtime must be identified by the programmer and approved by the buyer in writing.
5) Programer must protect sensisitive stored information (such as user passwords) in a reasonable manner. This approach must be approved by the buyer.
6) This code will be QA'd. Programmer will fix any bugs found by the QA group within a business reasonable timeframe.
7) Programmer will allow a maximum of five days from their final delivery for acceptance testing.
8) The programming language must be Visual Basic