We need a pre-configurable Outlook extension to allow a user to create user-defined buttons for use within the interface...to perform ONE OR MORE of the following functions simultaneously.
1) send an email to a preset location with specific textual instructions
2) set a configurable appointment
Here's an example of how this should work...
Receptionist gets a phone call and wants to click a button she defined called "Send Literature". When this button is clicked, the currently displayed contact information is included in an email sent to a Sales assistant with a message to mail out Literature (one of many different types)
Once the Sales assistant gets the email, and completes the task, the Sales Asst. should be able to click his/her "Mail Sent" button, which then sends an email back to the Receptionist telling him/her when the sales literature had been mailed.
This same sort of work-flow functionality is desired accross the board, using Outlook.
Although many software packages do this, we do not need a large set of work-flow code.
This project requires a user configuration system, so that I can define buttons and what they do. Each button can hold one or a list of things to happen. For example, 1) send an email to one or more addresses with pre-determined text (including the ability to embed the current date/time) into the body or subject of the message, 2) set an appointment at a defined date/time or relative date/time from current time, with body text pre-determined, 3) add to tasks list, 4) add to notes, 5) insert the open contact (or mail message) into a new contact name in a pre-determined folder, 6) move the current contact to another folder, 7) and a few others to be determined.
The purpose of this system is to allow us to customize work flow for each person in an office.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
Windows / Outlook 2000, XP and 2003