We have a multi-step process to capture packet data using Ngrep, convert the data using perl and by using phpmyadmin, we append this information to an existing MySql database: This is used on online gaming servers to track player name, IP of player, and time of entry into a specific game.
We currently use Wincap 3.0 and Ngrep 1.41. We need a program written in VB that will incorporate Ngrep or other TCP-IP packet sniffing tool that will perform the following functions:
1. Read data from specific packets (with the ability to change the port), log IP, player name, and time of entry into the game server program
2. At specific times, write end of file (LOG), and covert the Ngrep (or other) log file into file that can be appended to the database
3 Place logo of our company in the program, along with being able to request slight changes to the program layout as new games are added (at an additional cost to us)
We will have available a test server for the programmer to test our specific application. The intent is to make this modular to support several different games that could all be running on the same server (different IP addresses for each game)
Future enhancements might be a client side program that would received the data from the server
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
Windows 2000 / XP / 2003