We have a pretty large VB6 application that runs as a client-side project. We would like to migrate this to VB.Net and have it configured as a server side web application. The application is something like a point of sale system with some crystal reports (8.5). It reads to an access or SQL datafile.
1. You will receive a fully functional VB6 application and sample datafile. You will need to replicate all of the functionality and general look and feel of the application in VB.net
2. It will need to run as server side application.
3. The speed and performance characteristics must be no worse than those of the original application.
4. We would view success on this project as a partnership to hopefully continue working togther on migrating our other applications.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
The system will need to run on a Windows Server 2000 or greater. As it is a web app, the client show be able to use new IE browsers to access it.