I need a visual basic 6 simulation of the random movement of a small molecule in a three-dimensional space of 10 by 10 by 10 cells. In other words, I need a simulation that has a particle that moves around at random in a cube of 1000 possible spaces. The program needs to keep a track of the number of cycles required for the particle to have visited all 1000 spaces/cells.
The simulation does not need to show the movement of the particle.
1. needs an interface with a start button, and a text box showing the number of cycles (unless you think there is a better way to make it).
2. needs to use a counter to track the number of cycles and have the final number displayed in the text box when the program is done.
3. at the start of the program the placement of the particle/atom needs to be random. Placement should be different every time the program is run.
4. once in motion the particle must move at random to neighboring cells in one of the six possible directions: x, -x, y,
-y, z, -z , except when it is at one of the edges of the cube (In these cases the particle will have less options). The particle must be confined in the 3-D cube (It can visit a cell/space more than once). The particle must not be at one corner and magically appear at another corner in one motion.
5. needs to have code that test for zeros in the array
6. NEEDS TO APPEAR TO HAVE BEEN MADE BY A BEGGINER IN VISUAL BASIC 6 (beggining programmer). Please use simple code for loops and other techniques used.
7. NEEDS TO HAVE COMMENTS ON EVERY PART OF THE CODE EXPLAINNING WHAT THE CODE IS DOING (DIRECT COMMENTS TO A BEGGINNER).
8. Program needs to be completed no later than 12/23/03
- the sooner the better!
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
Program need to run in Visual Basic 6