A VIN (Vehicle Identification Decoder) in accordance with ISO Standard 3779. This will be limited to vehicles sold only in the USA. There will be a small number of vehicles at first but we will add as we go along.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done. I want to be able to make changes if necessary and compile it myself.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request. This should populate the "programs" section of the pocket pc.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
4) Interface does not have to be exactly as shown. If something else works or looks better ok. Bottom tool bar, "Tools" should have "Exit" and "About" - input method "Keyboard" only.
5) The vin consists of 17 digits. We will provide a list (form to be determined) of **Manufacturers** (digits 1-3). Should someone pick a manufacturer not on the list "Not Listed" should return. We should be able to add/change the list (and recompile if necessary). **Attributes** (digits 4-8) will not return any data but should we add data to the list (db or lookup table, etc.) data should be returned. **Check Digit** (digit 9) should return good or bad. No list required. **Year** (digit 10) We will supply list. **Plant** (digit 11) will not return any data but should we add data to the list (db or lookup table, etc.) data should be returned. **Serial Number** (digits 12-17) returns original data.
This is for the Pocket PC and has to be done in the .net environment - C# or VB.