Sybase Adaptive To SQL Server 2000 Migration tool
1. Create new Target SQL Server 2000 Database (instance) on target server.
2. Select a Sybase source database and SQL Server 2000 Target database using DSN or OLEDB Or Config file.
3. View/Select Source(sybase) Tables, queries, views, stored procedures, triggers and ER (relationships) that must be converted into SQL Server 2000 compatible script.
4. Generate complete Sybase database scripts
5. Convert the Sybase database scripts into SQL Server 2000 database script.
If there is a case where an object is having a reserved word in SQL Server (but not for Sybase), make the change automatically by adding extention to the object name like:
_tbl if the object is a table
_vew if the object is a view
_trg if the object is a triiger
_pro if the object is a stored procedure etc..
6. Errors handling for final converted script (check for full compatibility with SQL Server). Thats include reserved words, database compatibility level, statements, transactions etc.
7. Execute the final clean script on Target SQL Server 2000 database.
8. Check Script compatibility and accuracy after execution.
9. Execute Data migration from the source Sybase Adaptive Database to the new generated SQL Server 2000 Database (inctance).
[url removed, login to view] DATA compatibility and accuracy after execution.
1. Must provide a detailed list of all technical rules (differences between Sybase and SQL server) that were programmed in the application (make sure no case was missed). This before starting building the application.
2. Make sure that converted data type, Tables, queries, views, stored procedures, triggers and ER (relationships) will be FULL compatible with SQL Server 2000.
3. Check if there is clones already existing in target DB.
4. Compatiblity must be done with 100% accuracy.
5. Keep a detailed log file for all operations.
6. Well documented code.
As reference: check the project on RAC:
[url removed, login to view]
Only exprienced developers with Sybase/SQL migration are invited to Bid. Thanks!
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
Visual Basic 6/ADO