We need a small Visual Basic 6 application that does the following:
1. Create outlook contacts from two Access MDB files (file will be given to the chosen programmer).
2. Create outlook appointments from an Access MDB file (file will be given to the chosen programmer).
3. For appointment items - we need to specify a range of dates to copy from (months back, and months ahead).
4. Each time the program runs, it needs to go through existing contacts and appointments in Outlook, detect which ones are 'ours', delete them, and copy the info from the MDB files again. No other data should be affected by the program. The identifier must survive transfer from one PC to another via a PDA. The category field is therefore not suitable.
As you can see - there is no need for SYNC, just make sure the data on Outlook is up-to date with the data on the Access files.
Be sure to seperate the DB logic from the Outlook logic, as we're going to later expand the code to support MS SQL Server as well.
No sophisticated GUI is necessary. Create a basic one and we'll improve it.
If you can bypass the Outlook Security patch, and not require user authorization for the copy process, that's a bonus.
The developer must agree that prior to payment, we'll be given 3 days to test the program under multiple platforms.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
Must work on all Win32 platform (everything from Windows 95 to windows 2003).