We are looking for a developer to utilize the Tablet PC SDK and Visual Basic or VB.net to write for us an application / forms engine that is capable of allowing us to do the following:
1. With a scanned image file of an existing paper form, embed textboxes behind the fields in the scanned paper form. Each of these text boxes is to be notated as alpha numeric or numeric. When a user writes a value in the box, it is to be translated from digital ink to text or number stored as a variable and shown on the form. At all times the image is to look exactly like the paper form.
2. A tool bar at the top, will allow the user to save the data and or send it. If send is selected, the form will be sent via the internet using a cellular wireless card. Shoud a wireless connection not be started, the application will be responsible for initiating and connecting the wireless connection. If the computer is unable to make an internet connection, the information will be saved until a connection can be made.
3. You will be responsible for making available two forms via the forms engine that we will furnish for you.
4. An Administrator Tool is to be created to support a "design view" such that we can design our own additional forms and add them to the "forms library", With the tool we expect to easily design our own in design view and then compile them as ready to use files. The tool is to be a WYSIWYG editor From this tool, we'd like the ability to publish / assign certain forms to certain users computers. Only those users who we assign can get certain forms.
5. A backend application is to be developed to store and parse incoming data in to our SQL Server DB. This backend application should be easily modified by us to allow additional fields to be stored.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Tablet PC SDK, Windows 2003 Server Visual Basic SQL Server