We have two issues that require debugging and a solution proposed.
1. The ActiveX controls used to install our executable's fails in Windows Vista but work perfectly in all previous versions of Windows We may need to recompile these using new parameters or an updated Visual C compiler. This is our guess.
2. Another executable when launched fails to work properly. This file contains a full screen and audio recording in a proprietary format and it also includes the player required to play the enclosed file. Our application creates a self-extracting SFX file, saved in an EXE format. It first calls the embedded player, and then plays the embedded recorded media. When launched in Windows Vista, it produces this message:
There is a message in the window with a red X on itand beside the red x is the error message:
Failed to set data for "
Then an OK button is offered as the only choice to make.
We will provide a link to download and execute a small sample file if you can engage this project.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).