There is a product, AdeptSQL Diff, which compares and synchronizes metadata and data in two MS SQL Server databases. The new version of the tool contains a couple of COM Automation interfaces through which the comparisons can be done programmatically, difference SQL scripts produced, etc.
It is possible that while trying to interact with the Diff, you
would discover that the provided Automation interfaces are not
complete, inconvenient or don't work as described. If that happens, we shall be able to work together to fix the problem from both ends.
Before you place your bid, please do the following:
* Install the software and read description of the API in the help file: [url removed, login to view]
* Figure out a few reasonable tasks that would require a schema or data comparison to be done programmatically. Believe it or not, customers do ask about command-line or COM interface to control the program, although I can't always find why do they need this. In one case a user asked for a way to run a comparison after nightly build and get the found differences emailed to him; other situations can be similar.
The project will be given to the bidder who demonstrates understanding of the requirements and offers to implement the most interesting scenarios for the samples for a reasonable price.
What exactly needs to be done:
* Implement each of the scenarios you listed in your bid either as a command-line script (e.g. running under Windows Script Host) or as a GUI application (VB or DHTML).
Since the results will be distributed in source form for the users to study, the coding must be clean, reasonably commented and have standard formatting style.
The results must include:
1) Complete, fully-functional and well tested source code of all work done.
2) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
Windows 2000/XP/ME, with MS SQL Server 2000 or 7.0