Require help for my turn based card game "Immortal Kingdoms". Much of the game is already complete but am looking for additional help because of time constraints.
Project is done in visual basic 6. What I need is a "Level Up" form coded. The artwork for form and the various elements will be supplied. Check the attachment to see the image.
Basic coding needed. No animation. Variables mostly supplied. Everything needed will be given. Primarily code things like mouseovers for picture boxes, labels...some scrolling using graphical scroll bar, user making choices and recording them in variables.
Simple for an advanced coder but there are many choices for the user to choose from and this will take a bit of time.
Purpose of project:
Create a level up screen for an individual RPG-like character that has just gained a new level.
The form to be created shows the character's name, image, & level. It also displays other information that requires the user to make "choices" as to what new abilities this character would like.
Coder will work on this form only. They will load character information on form from information provided by me. The character's stats/info is kept in a UDT (Gamecharcter().gamename for example).
1) Load char image into picture box, name, and level (top left).
2) Load all current disciplines (these are skills/powers) into labels (gamecharacter().askill and gamecharacter().naskill.
3) Load all disciplines available in the game (over 500 in game...all will be provided).
-Some disciplines require prerequisites and will need to be indented and possibly grayed out in labels.
4) Character may gain one or more new classes based on level and the first class to be changed should be displayed along with class upgrade choices.
5) There are automatic upgrades to be displayed and stored when form is loaded. All ability scores are increased, as well as the "cost" of the character, and a new spell if the character is a spellcaster.
6) Any weapon skills are to be displayed. Basically the type of weapon and how many skill points have been allocated to that weapon.
7) The amount of mana the character has for each of the 12 spell spheres will be displayed.
With this information the user can then make choices.
Note: All changes made are stored in temporary variables (created by coder) until user selects "Finish"...where these temporary variables are then added to gamecharacter() UDT.
2A) User should be able to scroll through current disciples character has using up/down arrows and scroll bar. Scroll bar image and middle part of scroll bar are place holder graphics.
By clicking on a current discipline and then clicking on the "Remove" button user can get rid of a current discipline and get the discipline points back to use on something else. If a discipline has a prerequisite (like you must have pain arrow 1 to get pain arrow 2) then the higher discipline in the chain must be removed first (pain arrow 2).
3A) User can select from any discipline in the game as long as they have the prerequisite, they do not currently have it, and they have enough points available to get it.
The user simply clicks on the discipline and clicks on the "Add" button and the discipline is moved to current disciplines (and stored in variable). Points used are removed from available points as well.
4) When a character reaches certain milestones they gain new classes (this is at levels 3, 7, 12, 18, and 25). The character gains a new class in each current class they have.
Example: If the character is level 12 they would have a level 12 class, a level 7 class, and a level 3 class to upgrade.
User upgrades one class at a time. They simply click on one of the 2-3 classes available to choose from and click the "Select" button when done. Then the next class is displayed to upgrade. This continues until complete.
6A) User clicks on the "+" and "-" buttons to add or remove weapon skill points from 1 of 5 weapons. Cannot go less than "Base".
Ignore the "Add" buttons on the left.
7A) User adds mana points by clicking on "+" and "-" buttons. Cannot go less than base.
Click on "Finish" button when done. Then temp variables are added to Gamecharacter() UDT. If canceled. Temp variable is saved.
Note: Tempvariable should be array and match character.
Need mouseover to display information so user can see what everything is.
Information moused over is shown underneath box that says "Level Up". Use Spellchoice variable for all disciplines. Coder does not actually need descriptions of each discipline...simply access modular sub when mouseover....as below.
More details will be provided upon acceptance of bid or if there are questions asked.