The purpose of this software is to allow the end users to create a high quality, professional looking graphic header for their websites or blogs. The end user should be able to save the final header image in one of the popular image formats.
**How It Works**
The working of the software is fairly straight forward. There are three ways the user can start. The users begin by selecting an existing image from a collection of ready made background image, or by loading an image from the hard disk or by creating a new image file from scratch. (It's not necessary to create the background image except several samples which will be used to test the software).
Then they place some text or/and image layers on the background and finally save the image into their hard disk which can be used later as a header graphic on their website or blog.
For full description of the required features please refer to the attached file.
We are going to use Graphic Mills 2.0 ActiveX which supports *most* of the features. I’ve an unrelated but unfinished software which is based on this ActiveX. The code contains some text and graphic manipulating functions which you can use right away as the baseline for this project.
If you’ve created an image editing software before, this project should be straight forward. But please keep in mind that the requirements are specific. We are not looking to buy generic or existing graphic application.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
4) Project must be coded using Visual Basic 6.0 SP6.
5) Code must be neat and tidy, well commented, no unnecessary bits.
6) Code must include comprehensive error handling.
7) Code must be bug free. This one is VERY important.