I am looking for a Windows service to send e-mail using a local/remote SMTP Server.
1. The Service will be installed locally in the same machine as the SMTP server or in a machine within the same network.
2. The service needs to query a MySQL database that is hosted on a shared hosting service (ISP). The service will query the database to identify the records for which it needs to send e-mails.
3. The service needs to be independent of any third party component.
4. The service needs to be independent of IIS. No IIS will be installed in the machine where the service is hosted.
5. The service needs to authenticate (user Id / Password) against the SMTP server.
6. The service should be written in VB / VB.net / C#. I need the installer also.
Ideally I am looking for a readymade solution that someone has developed in the past and known to be running smoothly. But if someone thinks he can create it - you are welcome. Feel free to contact me if you have a question.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Windows. Mdaemon SMTP server. VB, VB.net, C#