I need some reasearch and assesment done.
I am building out a Drupal based site with a directory of 300K records and need to determine the best way to store and search data.
• I want a to create a searchable directory of these records similar to [url removed, login to view] which has the ability to search places and categories by one field and limit these searches to locations in another field.
• I also want to let users rate these facilities and was thinking of using the voting module for this.
My current database has 3 tables.
• A facilities table which has several fields per table
• a category table that contain the types of facilities
• and a relationship table the contains the many to many relationship between the category and facility table.
I am trying to determine the best way to do this. One way I was thinking about is with with cck and drupal search and the location module. I would store each records as a node.
I am looking for some body to research this for me.
1. How would performance be this way using cck? location module? and drupal search?
2. Is there a better way to do this?
3. Does it makes sense to build a php system outside of Drupal.
Please tell me how you would approach this and what the deliverable would look like.