Read details carefully to understand requirements:
Looking for a Free Host website designed to store and keep tumblr posts obtained via tumblr rss feeds. The Free host needs to be web browser independent. In other words, compatible with all web browsers.
The free host page has to be able to capture the title of the post (if any), the post, and description (if any).
NOTE: although in a tumblr rss feed there may be 7 different post types (images, videos, text, quotes, audio, links, chat) the developed website doesn´t need to sort the posts by type or any other way. The webmaster is the one who manually associates an rss feed/s to a category. Check attached image called [url removed, login to view] to see an example. Second, in case unrelated posts appear (for example, a car picture falls inside an rss feed related to cats), the webmaster will be able to simply delete the post through an admin.
The page captures the different posts through Tumblr RSS feeds and stores them in its database. Note: If the tumblr blog that is being used as rss feed source disappears, the post will keep appearing in the free host normally
Examples of posts types to catch: [url removed, login to view]
Example rss feed to work with: [url removed, login to view]
Free host own rss feed:
The site generates its own rss feed per each section, and each category or subcategory in the category tree
The items in this feed are linked back to the original page where they appear within the free host.
Example feed look: [url removed, login to view]
[url removed, login to view]
The page has a category tree where all existing categories and subcategories are defined. The posts that are saved in the categories are stored in the database.
The tree is fully editable and webmaster can create categories and subcategories as needed, and delete them if necessary from the admin.
The pages will be configured as static html to facilitate Search Engine Optimization. Static means that urls end in .html page, even if the free host site is built in php or other similar language. View sample image: ejemploseccionesmenu
The administrator can place ads on any page of the site, including any category, subcategory, or page where an individual post appears.
The areas to set ads are TOP, LEFT, RIGHT, BOTTOM, append (just below <head> tag of the page´s html code) and prepend (just below </ body> tag of the page´s html code).
Through the admin, webmaster can:
• Add new categories or subcategories, delete or rename existing categories or subcategories in the category tree.
• Stored posts can be edited (delete the posts individually, or edit their title or description) from the admin panel.
• Add text to the pages of the categories or subcategories, or individual posts. View sample images: textboxenadminejemplo, textboxejemploseccionvideo, textboxejemplo, paginainicialconimagenaleatoria, paginaseccionimagenesejemplo, paginaseccionvideoejemplo
• Place ad codes (Adsense, for example) in 6 different positions (TOP, BOTTOM, LEFT, RIGHT, append = just below <head> tag, or prepend = just above </ body> tag)
• Enter the external Tumblr rss feeds (or other RSS feed) that will feed the categories or subcategories webmaster wishes to feed posts to. View sample picture: feedmanager
Webmaster can enter in a field the maximum number of rss items that will be posted to that specific category per day.
• Set background color of the free host pages.
• Set image of logo for the free host pages.
A small version of the posts can be used as thumbnail in the main page or the category pages. The thumbnails will link to the post page with the actual post.
Visual Presentation of admin
[url removed, login to view]