I have an established flat HTML books website with 600+ pages that I want to migrate to Wordpress.
Each article needs to be cut and pasted into a Wordpress installation to which I will provide access. This needs to be done so that when the Wordpress version goes live, it maintains the same page URLs and does not upset the search engines.
I also want to save out a copy of each article on the site to a .txt file.
Each page moved into Wordpress would require
- cut and paste the article title into the title field
- separate the standfirst and body copy with a HTML comment
- doublecheck that the article ends properly (ie has not been truncated)
- doublecheck formatting like italics, bold and links within text has not been lost
- doublecheck that images show up correctly
- write the post slug the same as the existing file (e.g. "flatsite/example.php" should be post slug "example.php")
Each page will also feature a PHP script that automatically calls Amazon books related to the content of the page. The name of the author needs to be inserted into this script
In short, this job is a lot of cutting and pasting, but it requires someone with
a) knowledge of HTML and Wordpress
b) attention to detail
c) care and understanding about the end result
d) good communication skills to suggest better ways of fulfilling the brief
for it to work properly
I have a second site of a similar size with which I want to repeat the same process once I locate a good person or company to work with. Therefore I want to find someone with a good reputation that I can rely on.
I am experienced with dealing with websites but a GetAFreelancer n00b, so please let me know any further specifics you require from me to help you make an informed bid.
I have help many people like you to migrate existing plain html site to wordpress one, I am sure I can do this project for you, please give me a chance.