This project will require collaboration with the freelancer to brainstorm the best solution for our needs. We are aiming to create an essential online tool that will be used in global humanitarian relief efforts to better quip our staff to work more effectively. The current manual is in the form of a PDF and is quite limited in functionality. We need to make an online manual that is easy to use allowing for a custom user experience (quickly getting information relevant to their specific job) and making it easier to “skim” the manual and allowing users to “go deeper” as needed (by incorporating pop-ups and links to “read more”).
1. User profiles will determine the order content appears in. Each user profile will get a customized view of the manual.
2. Expandable/collapsable text: much of the manual’s contents will be hidden until the user selects “read more.”
3. Embedded hyperlinks to other parts of the document, external links, and links to pull-up additional content (ie: an annex document).
4. Pop-ups: certain words and phrases will be highlighted. When the user clicks on one of these items, a pop-up box will appear and display additional information.
5. Backend: User-friendly interface to allow content and feature updates
As much as possible, please break down your total estimate so we can understand which functionalities will require additional budget.
Other Desired Functionalities:
1. Responsive website design: order of importance for users is laptops, smartphones, tablets.
2. An offline interactive solution: this could include the following solutions:
-An ebook file that is generated by the website (or the website is generated by the ebook file)
-A full-featured offline solution that has all the capabilities of the website
-A “printer friendly” view of all site content (pop-ups become footnotes)
-An interactive PDF (generated from the website: document links still functional)
In the attached word document, you will see a sample of the content. The black text will be visible always (though the order of appearance will change according to the user profile), but the blue text will be initially hidden until the client selects “read more.” Also, the comments in the word document contain the content for the “pop-ups.”
The “More Health for the Money” site seems to offer similar functionality we are desiring: a dynamic page layout that adjusts to the screen size of the device automatically and inline pop-ups that bring up more information about a particlar word or phrase (for a sample, got to [url removed, login to view] , scroll down and click on "+one or more core indicators". A yellow pop-up appears.
Ideas for solutions:
Our team has brainstormed the following ideas (and we welcome your expert input/recommendations):
-Design a custom HTML5 website
-For offline, perhaps use an “offline application” option for HTML 5 like this: [url removed, login to view]
-Use SharePoint 2013 for the content management system and develop a custom site on SharePoint (that makes an easy user experience)
-Use a platform like Word Press for a clean back-end and create a custom presentation of the content in the web browser
-Design a good eBook, and have the eBook generate a website (perhaps embedding the ebook on a webpage)
Please message if any questions are required.
The project will not start until (earliest) mid-November. We are planning on using the following schedule:
Concept/Design - 2-4 Weeks
Build/Develop - 4-6 Weeks
Test/Debug - 1-3 Weeks
Deploy - 1-2 Weeks
41 freelancers are bidding on average $7425 for this job
Kindly accept my bid for your Online Manual Creation project and be assured of a high quality work with our highly experienced and dedicated developers. Thanks
Thanks for your consideration, please see our message and if you would like to discuss the project further do get in touch and I’ll give you a call.