Im looking for professional who has expertise in oscommerce. I would like to change a few things on my webite and also sort out a SSL problem. Also looking for small improvements to layout of my site as well.
I have other work to offer so we see how well you reform your task first.
site [url removed, login to view]
This is a list I would like done, please advise if this can be done without any problems, please dont accept if you dont feel comfortable with the job, I do not wish to have my business go offline for long periods and having many BUGS afterwards. I need a professional.
I have more work that needs to be done but this is a start to see how well you preform the task set below.
I would also like Advise on how to improve my website store to make it look better and so forth and provide a quote.
1. Add "CONTACT US" next to "My Account | Cart Contents | Checkout" top right of webpage.
2. Right coloum remove: "Auction LIstings", " osLinks", "HelpDesk", rename one of them to say "Banking Details" and add my banking deatils to page.
3. LEft hand side Categories, I want them to be expanded 1 level down so its shows the sub catergories.
4. Remove this form font page " Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account?" and replaced with a LOGIN box on the right coloum similar to "w w w .digitalyes . com . au/"
5. Put a Banner where above section goes. On top of middle page above, expample "itsky . com . au/" V Ares banner..
Welcome to MTECH Computers your online retailer of IT and technology products. We offer a huge selection of products to meet your every home or work office need, at competitive prices with the very best of service! From computers, laptops, notebooks, PDAs, software, printers, cartridges, consumables, scanners, to a wide range of consumer electronics products, such as TVs, digital and video cameras, and much more - all delivered directly to you, throughout Australia
6. Add nice border around left/right coloums.
7. Fix LOGO so its centered, home page it OK, but when you click on a product it goes to the left.
8. Move "QUCIK FIND" on left hand coloum to be up 2 places to where Manufactures is and, so order will be " catergories, QUICK FIND, Manufactures, Whats News, etc...
9. I would like to store customers IP ADDRESS when they place an order.
10. SSL issue, it only affect customers who try to buy products when they use there computers from work. Im GUESSING it has to do something with my SSL and there proxy server. 99% of customer have no probelms expect those people.
Here is a response from one customer:
Your website is broken.
It logs me out and empties my cart whenever I click on anything.
I added an item to my cart.
It wanted me to log in or register, so I registered.
It took me back to the login page, so I logged in.
Then it said "your cart is empty".
So I clicked on PC Hardware, and it took me back to the login screen.
So I went and found the item, added it to my cart.
Then it wanted me to login again!!!
So I did, and IT EMPTIED MY CART!
Driving me crazy.
I figured out why it's removing the cart and logging out all the time.
It's because after you sign on, it uses secure HTTP (https), but all of your links on the site are for non-secure HTTP (http).
So every time you click on anything, it loses its session information!