We are a small business looking for a programmer to give "finishing touch" to our website and also work on an ongoing freelance/part-time basis.
We are looking for someone who is familiar with all of those to develop new features.
Scope of work:
Please refer to [url removed, login to view]
This website gives a truly professional look and feel.
Now please refer to our website [url removed, login to view] and you will notice that we need to work on it to give "Professional" and "Consistent" look-and-feel.
1. The color in the tabs do not merge smoothly. For example, you would see white lines above "Baby & Kids", "Pets"... tabs. The colors should merge so smoothly that there should not be any indication that each tab is made up of 3 different images. (left, center, right). This requirement is very important for us.
2. Improve quality of logo shown in the header and make filesize smaller for faster loading of pages. Sample logo is available at [url removed, login to view]
3. We think that header height is too big. See [url removed, login to view] for header height. Also would like to see the thickness of light green line
(above Home => Catalog dark green line) reduced.
4. We would like to see credit card logo in the header and not in the footer.
5. Green triangle on the left for fertilizer category is different and is not consistent.
6. Number of products is shown after category. example, Baby & Kids(3) We do not need the number to appear.
7. Do not need "Languages" box on the right column. Our website will be English only. Also, do not need "Currencies" box as it will be US Dollar only. For "Quick Find" the hourglass search symbol should be pointing to left. Currently it is pointing to right.
8. In left column, we would like to see boxes for "Categories", "What's new", "Quick Find", "Manufacturers"
[url removed, login to view] right column, we would like to see "shopping cart" + "Shipping calculator" when there are items in the cart, "Bestsellers" (show 5 bestsellers), "Information", "Tell a friend" (may need modification),"Reviews"
10. Contents on the pages need modification. (We will provide the contents.)
11. We would like to use credit card processing and "Yourpay" payment gateway which is similar to Linkpoint payment gateway. We will be using "Yourpay connect". Please refer to [url removed, login to view] for more information. Complete Setup for Linkpoint will be required.
We have heard that Linkpoint module stores the credit card numbers in the database. We are not sure whether this is true or not, but we do NOT want to store customer's credit card number in our database, so you will have to confirm that this requirement will be met.
12. Ability to accept Discount coupons is needed. Example, customer may enter code "OST259" and it may give free shipping or it may offer $5 off. We will need ability to track historical data of coupons and also ability to activate/inactivate coupons after a certain date. We think that this is available contribution in osCommerce. You will have to install it and make it work.
1. Must be detailed oriented, professional and reliable.
Quality of work is is extremly important and we cannot compromize on that.
Did you notice, is written twice :)
2. Must have worked on osCommerce websites that are "live."
3. Must be able to provide references. We WILL check your references.
Anticipated Timeframe: 2 weeks
Existing Code can be provided if needed for modification, testing etc.
We are looking for a "long term relationship" with the developer.
We are open to ideas about how things can be improved, so proactive participation is encouraged. Quality of work is very important.
Payment will be made by GetAFreeLancer Escrow account only.
Please respond via PMB expected timeframe, mode of communication
(email/messenger/phone) and lumpsum amount for this project. Also quote your hourly rate and available time per month for maintenance/support work in future.
Please list all experience with osCommerce websites including URL's of websites you developed. Please do not respond if you do NOT have hands-on experience with osCommerce. Absolutely No exceptions!
Once again, let us reiterate that we are looking for an honest person with integrity, planning to work with him/her on a long term basis. If we are happy with phase, next phase will include help for website promotion and ongoing marketing efforts. We will also need help to take over the ongoing maintenance of the site, and help out with all technical issues including installation of new modules.
Thank you for bidding on our project. We look forward to working with you.