Specification for login page
We need a system for managing authentication to a web application. A user
must login in order to use the website. For example, if a user hasn't
logged in when accessing a page, then the user gets redirected to a page
that contains a login form.
The user information will reside in a MySQL database.
You will need to create the following type of pages:
* [url removed, login to view]: the page containing the login form
* [url removed, login to view]: a page that the user has to log in through
[url removed, login to view] to get access to
The .html extension is not mandatory and can be replaced with something
else as needed (with .php if using PHP, for example).
The login form has the following fields:
* username (HTML text input field)
* password (HTML password input field)
* submit button
When the user clicks the submit button, he is either successfully
authenticated (username and password matches), or he will be directed to
the login form again for another attempt.
The user information is contained in a table in a MySQL database, with
the following fields:
* Real name
* Email address
The Username and Password fields are used for authentication.
All pages will need a user to be authenticated first before the user can
access them, except for the login page itself of course.
To help prevent unauthorized users from gaining access to the website, a
login session should not last past the browser session. In other words,
when the user closes and reopens the browser, he'll have to log in again
before accessing any restricted pages.
When the user clicks the submit button and is successfully authenticated,
he gets redirected to index.html. The redirection target has to be
customizable so that the user can be redirected to the original page he
tried to access. An example:
1. User attempts to access the restricted page "restricted.html"
2. User gets redirected to the login form for authentication
3. Upon successful authentication, user gets directed back to
The default redirection target upon successful authentication must be
To help prevent unauthorized users from gaining access to the website, we
also need logout functionality. In other words, we need you to create a
link that the user can click on which logs him out of the
application. The user is now "out of the application" He must log back in
with his user name and password to use the application again.
* In your bid you must specify which language you propose to use. We
prefer solutions in Python (Django), Perl, or PHP. However, we will
consider other languages.
* We must approve the language you choose. Once we approve the
language, you may not change it without permission from us.
* You will perform the work from your own location.
* The code needs to be able to run in Apache on a Linux server. If
you request, we will provide you with access to a development web
server. However, you may use your own development Linux server
* We will provide you with access to a development MySQL
database. However, you may use your own development MySQL database.
* You must have a very reliable computer.
* You must have a headset and microphone that connects to your PC so
you can talk using Skype
* You must have a very reliable high speed connection to the Internet
(probably DSL, cable, or T-1 but not satellite).
Price of your bid
* In your bid please state the price in US dollars you will charge to
complete the project.
Time to complete your bid
* In your bid please state how many days from when your bid is
accepted you will post the successfully completed project on our
development server. (We will give you access to our development
Payment through the website that you used to place your bid
* We will pay you through the website that you used to place your bid
for the project. You are completely responsible for paying fees
that the website charges you to receive payment for the
project. You should add in the website fees you will need to pay
into the bid you submit. We will not pay you any extra to pay for
the fees the website charges you.
Conditions for payment:
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as
well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending
on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only
ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables
must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer
intends to distribute: A software installation package that will
install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s)
specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under
U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete
copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components,
etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by
the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).