Please be advised that I have put a code phrase in this job posting. I will not respond to bids that do not include mention of this phrase. This is because far too many bidders do not actually read the requirements.
I have an urgent need for a fairly basic site redesign. The site already exists, but a new look & feel (with PHOTOSHOP file) has been created.
The site has approximately 100 pages indexed in Google, however, only approximately *** 15 - 25 *** are actual content pages. The rest are photo galleries and photo pages.
I very much need certain milestones of this site redesign completed by the beginning of next week - and preferably by the end of this weekend (three days). At a bare minimum, the site should be 'substantially completed' - which I will outline below. I will pay based on the milestones I also outline below.
(1) Create CODE OPTIMIZED HTML page based on Photoshop file. This means that the underlying source code should be well optimized with no extraneous code. Further, actual content should be towards the top of the page in the underlying source code - accomplished either using css, the single-pixel gif trick, or a combination of both. The html page(s) need to be cross browser friendly as well (e.g. PC, linux, Mac - IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari).
(2) Create a Drupal theme. It is fairly basic and the site looks like a somewhat plan word press-type blog with a white background. The site will include a blog, contact form, and photo gallery.
*** Items 1 and 2 represent milestone 1 - partial payment will be made.
(3) Build out the 15 - 25 core pages using the content from the existing site and putting on the new site - some additional direction will be provided because the content pages on the new site will look better, more polished, and more sophisticated. As such, this will not be simply copying and pasting the content from the old to the new. In fact, new imagery (stock illustrations) will need to be acquired (with digital rights) and put in place of old stock photos.
(4) Photo gallery pages (approximately 80 or so) built out - thubnails and clickthrough popup windows - with large pictures and smaller pictures. The pictures are already on the site in some cases - or additional originals will be provided. Part of this
*** Items 3 and 4 above represent milestone 2 - partial payment will be made.
(5) Retain optimization from existing site (places using css) and apply to new site - in a manner that is aesthetically pleasing so that (a) the text is placed accordingly in the underlying source code, but (2) positioned on the page in a more aesthetically-pleasing manner.
(6) Hook up and configure blog and contact form, as well as other helpful bits of code in Drupal (e.g. bread crumb trail, search, etc.).
*** Items 5 and 6 above represent milestone 3 - partial payment will be made
(7) 'Polish up' site as per our specifications - going through and making each page look as nice as possible and making modifications so that the site is completed.
(8) Add and modify new photographs to photo gallery (up to, say, 100 more).
**** This is the final stage - final payment will be made.
Most importantly, please let me know on which days you will complete milestones 1 and 2. Those are urgent and time-sensitive. Assuming qualified bidders are active tonight, I will award this project tomorrow. In addition to providing the day of completion for milestones 1 an 2, please let me know how long the entire project will take.
Code phrase: I can redesign this site quickly.
Since the addition of photos can change this, you may want to provide specifics about pricing for blocks of new photos added (e.g. for every 100 new photos, we will charge xxx). Further, please provide an ongoing hourly rate for additional modifications, changes, and support - and potential future work (we have hundreds of clients).
IMPORTANTLY, you should have a keen eye and attention to detail - we would like the pages of this new site to look sharp - not just be slapped together by code monkeys.
If you have any questions or need further clarification, please don't hesitate to ask. Thank you for your time and attention.