I am selling a PC Remote control application (similar to RDP or VNC) for the Android mobile operating system. My client app is an XP or later compatible Windows app (you provided my login support).
I need to capture audio from the PC that I can stream to the controlling device. What I'm looking for is code or a component with a simple API I can use to capture whatever audio should be heard on the PC.
I'm imagining something that provides a simple API I can use to receive sound. Perhaps something like:
* method to register a callbacks for handling sound (3 of them: start, data available, stop)
* When the component detects sound playing, it calls my start method
* As the sound plays, the component calls my data available method with sound data (raw is fine)
* When there is no more sound, the component calls my stop method
Optionally, it might be nice to:
1) Specify what sound quality I want (8-bit, 16-bit, etc., mono/stereo). I can implement this separately is need be
2) Specify whether sound should be played as normal on the PC in addition to captured, or only captured
Please share your thoughts, if you are interested.