Click to Click Stop Watch
I need a program that will measure the time for a PC to respond to a user request. The most typical would be from when a user clicks to request a webpage to when the webpage is completed and the user has clicked the mouse again. However, the stop watch is not limited to just web application. The stop watch just passively monitors the events and shouldn’t stop the event being passes onto the application i.e. the users will NOT have to click start on the stop watch and then click start on the application.
The measurement process will be
1) Press a hotkey to enable the stop watch in recording mode
2) Start measurement on a mouse click, double click or enter is pressed
3) Stop measurement on a user mouse click.
4) Stop watch will come to the front of the screen showing the duration (stop ??" start time)
5) Users can click the store button or reset
6) When the store button is pressed they can enter a single line text description of the measurement (or a drop down of previous entered text) and they can then click the add button
7) When the add button is pressed the Start Time, Duration, Text is added to a text file
8) The text file can be viewed, edited and saved from within the tool.
The users will have the following options
a) Selection of the hot key
b) Choice of start events (click, double click, enter)
c) Choice of end events (click, or enter )
The tool should have a professional looking GUI, a help page and an about section. The tool should be easy to install and reliable.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).