Production schedule/order application (approx. 3 modules, 30-40 mall programs... some programs only create a report for example) is written in Micro Focus Object Cobol 4.0 .
This application runs in the Micro Focus run-time environment, dos-based. As this is outdated and because i have also some problems with new OS like Windows 2000/XP, I need to convert this application to windows application with a new GUI, using MS SQL server as the database. GUI can be in Java, VB, PowerBuilder, etc.
- MS SQL Server
- Within the GUI be able to switch between several programs (minimum of 5)
- Web enabled interface
- Good graphical design
- Multilanguage (library) option
- Export functionality (to a xls/txt file)
- Print reports/orders/documents to the screen/printer/fax/
- Flexible report generator (optional)
- Full documentation
Please state in your bid your experience with Cobol or similar projects, time frame, tools/language used, front-end/back-end, ditribution/installation of front-end, ability to have support after the job is done, etc. Important is that you will have to deliver a complete documentation of your solution afterwards so that we will be able to make adjustments ourselves (if necessary).
Remote access to one of our servers will be provided to view the old application and to test/install the newly build one.
PLEASE NOTE that the original application is not in English. Your Cobol knowledge should be excellent, you should be able to understand (with the translations I will provide) what the different programs do. If not, PLEASE DO NOT BID....
Only this way you should be able to work alone without me having to explain every program, input field.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
Server: Microsoft SQL Server, Windows 2000/2003 Server
Clients: Windows XP/2000 Pro, Windows 98