I require an application that can login to one or more e-commerce websites containing an online catalog and download various pieces of information. The information retrieved would be written to a SQL database. This would be a batch application that would run constantly, either in the foreground or background.
The initial version of the software will only need to login to one website (<[url removed, login to view]>) for the first cut, but in potential future releases of the software (new projects which will be put out to bid to the same or different coder), more websites will be added (think modular plug-ins). The eventual goal would be to have a separate appliation that can do analysis and reporting between the different websites, but for now, I will work with the raw data deposited into SQL server by the application you will write.
The basic idea here is that the application would login to the website and using some basic parameters which you and I would work out, would basically navigate the website in a systematic manner, and begin "scraping" or parsing the information returned and deposit the information into the database.
The following info would be collected:
- Item Description
- Manufacturer Part Number
- Website Item Number
Db fields as follows:
- Last Update Date
- Last price change amount - Last price change date
- Last inventory change date
- Last inventory change from/to
The software would run constantly in the background 24x7x365 on a continual basis. It should be be reliable and be able to recover from any reasonable error condition (like if the Net connection went down for a period of time or the target site became temporarily unpresponsive).
Happy bidding and thanks for your consideration of my project!
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).