This outlines details to turn the Mishpacha website into a content-based site.
User friendly interface to enable adapting current issues to the website automatically. The present existing CMS allows:
1. setting current issues;
2. add/edit all back indexes;
3. adding pix of current covers & feature articles;
4. adding links with pix;
5. adding advertisers with pix;
To ease the tasks required to publish web content to the website, we will need to add additional features:
[url removed, login to view] content tags to all articles in the indexes;
2. upload converted Quark files to site;
3. allow choice of multiple use of templates
Site uses PHP and CSS. Minimum of java-script.
FOLLOWING IS A DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF WHAT IS REQUIRED
Content Based Site for Mishpacha Weekly Publications
(Magazine, Junior, Family First)
[[url removed, login to view]]
• Navigation bars (top, left side, bottom)
• The following three templates will need to be created.
1. three columns
2. three columns version 2 (different widths than A)
3. two columns
These columns are **in addition** to the existing column of advertising on the right side of the site today.
• Category Pages
This is a page for a keyword or a column or a columnist, to display all articles in the magazine labeled with the category tag or column or author in question. For each article, we display the title, author, magazine, issue, page, blurb and a link to the online version. PDF versions will be used to show the magazine format.
In the left column, there is a feature of the most recent article in this category, which shows a large image of the opening spread from the most recent issue, followed by a list of all articles in this category, each with a smaller image. The middle column shows the 3 most popular articles of this category/column. The webmaster will label which articles are labeled 1st, 2nd and 3rd most popular.
The webmaster will upload ‘feature’ sized images and the website will automatically resize those images to ‘standard’ article image for all non-feature images.
Each type of page, meaning keyword, column, columnist can be marked as using Template A, B or C.
• Article Page
Each article page will consist of the title, author, magazine, issue, page plus the content of the article itself, including text and images. The content section will feature a sub-title, paragraph headers, pull-out quotes and boxes containing sub-content.
Each page also will have:
1. Comments (moderated);
2. Send to a friend;
3. A short questionnaire-- How would you rate this article?;
4. Related categories and related recent articles which will be chosen thru the administrator;
5. A link to print version of article.
• Re-Style Existing Pages
Some pages in the existing site will need to be adjusted to use one of the new templates, mentioned in the previous section.
• CMS ??" Web-based Administrator(see above)
(numbered as items 1 ??" 10 which follow)**
The following modules are separate items which can be added to site:
**1. Design template pages (see 7, 8, 9 above)
** Category and article pages will be supplied in jpeg for visual adaptation to html.
2. Index Of Issues
a. Manually adding content tags to each article listed in index via CMS
**(for example-- <[url removed, login to view]>);**
b. using the CMS to tag all old indexes.
3. Search Engine
Upgrade by including new fields, such as column, keywords, article text and text fields in pdf files. Improving format of show page of results. **(for example- [url removed, login to view])**
RSS feeds for all articles in the current issue for each magazine, each of which links to that article’s page.
5. Pause Button
E-card page for users to send e-cards to each other.
1. The landing page will show a series of e-card 9 per page 3 by 3 with a radial in bottom right of each pix.
2. Clicking on this choice or clicking on the picture will bring you to another page of the enlarged pix and a text field underneath the pix.
3. Option of seeing your email card as the recipient will see it when received.
4. Possibility of editing the text and a submit button. From there, he can of course navigate to the rest of the site.
6. Letters to the Editor
The current issues letters to the editor in different publications with
1. Comments (moderated via CMS)
2. Send to a friend
3. Link to the article being referred to
7. Junior contests online
1. Upload entries that the office receives after scanning them to the Picture Gallery for online viewing via the CSM with possibility of adding a subtracting entries. Each entry will have text with the name, city and age of young artist. There will be 9 pix per page (3 x 3) and click on image to see a larger version.
2. Choose your favorite O in Junior contest (a selection of 18 pix with a radial button so you can choose your favorite, fields for your entry info- name, street, city, zip, phone #, email address, and a field for naming the "O" character)
3. PenPals ( a page with your name, name, street, city, zip, phone #, email address, and a field for free style typing of your interests ;
4. E-mail card page for kids (same as pause button using pix from the Picture Gallery.)
8. Email Capture
Add all emails fields in present site to data base and have them available in a data base for mass emails using constantcontact.com.
9. Advertising Manager in the CMS A page for the webmaster to upload images and URLs for advertising, and their position on the right advertising column(s)and select which ones are ‘active’ or ‘inactive.’
**10. Yahrzeit Weekly**
To create a page where staff can upload “Name, image, Hebrew Death date, blurb?? for Righteous person and then a page like <[url removed, login to view]>which shows an image and blurb for all righteous persons who have a memorial deathe date that week plus a printer-friendly version.
Linux dedicated server hosted by [[url removed, login to view]]